Homeless and Hunger Awareness Fair
The Homeless and Hunger Awareness Fair was created by MESH to introduce children in grades K-8 to the challenges encountered by homeless and hungry people both in our community and around the globe. This copyrighted program is an interactive event designed for schools, churches, synagogues, mosques and community groups. Duration of the Fair is 75 minutes.
- Admission to the MESH fair is $5.00 per student participant. A minimum of twenty-five students is required for hosting a fair. MESH can provide recognition for participation for an additional $3.00 per student.
- Hosts must provide a minimum of 4 adult volunteers for each group of 25 children participating in the fair.
- Each participant must also provide a donation of two pairs of worn shoes excluding flip flops, bedroom slippers, cleats or shoes with holes in them, which will be donated to s
- Hosts must provide a collection of discarded cardboard and newspapers for the event activities.
- Host location must allow recyclable shoes to be shipped via UPS from the site of the fair, in boxes provided by MESH, using pre-paid shipping labels provided by MESH, Inc.
- Suitable space for the Fair will be agreed upon between fair organizers and MESH, Inc.
- Participation and photo release forms will be required for each participant. MESH will provide these forms.
MESH, Inc. will provide:
- Staff to facilitate fair activities
- Certificate of liability insurance
- Fair supplies for selected learning stations
- Feedback and discussion forms for each participant
- Recognitions of participation upon request
- Boxes and pre-paid shipping for shipping recycled shoes
For Homeless and Hunger Awareness Fair Inquiries please contact us
or call (862) 621-9488.
Download in PDF format, Click Here